4.16.2008

hip heads.

It's been awhile, let's talk fashion.

Hipster Headbands - Love them. Hate them.





I read an interesting article about hipster headbands today and how they can only be worn by a select few who can actually pull them off. Yes folks, it's true. According to a very reliable trending website, this is a trend that few can pull off and one that is making a presence on the runways.

So, do you love them or do you hate them?


I'd say - circa last Spring - I thought hipster headbands were pretty damn sweet. I will even admit that I rocked them every now and then. My own version of course. Discounted threads bought at Joann's Fabrics that I cut to the size of my head and wore with pride. Did I look like an idiot, maybe. But I didn't think so.


Word on the street is that the headbands you see on the runway - such as in Ann Sui or Chanel's Fall 2008 collections, are actually completely influenced by the favorite accessory of every girl (and guy) in Williamsburg. While we're starting to - or have been - hating on this trend, the fashion gods have been totally making it work for them. Props.

(Anna Sui)
So, if you rock a HH or not, we're not judging. We just wanna know your opinions. I still think some girls look great in them.

No comments: