4.08.2008

do a good deed in return for the sun.



Just came in from my balcony overlooking the Hudson where I soaked in the rays and painted my nails a grand shade of plum. What a lovely day! I am finally starting to get my life more and more in order. Only 3 more Mondays until summer . . . that's my motivation. 3 more painful weeks - then it's summer nights, after work drinks, beach as often as we can squeeze it in, hanging in my purple room with my most wonderful friends, going to F21 for sun dresses for any and every occasion, fighting over who gets the R or L side of the shared headphone set on the beach according to which ear has Flea's sweet as hell chords in it..yea it's almost that time.

However, as I sit here enjoying Jimmy Eat World's Chase This Light album that I am listening to for the first time (minus the singles of course) courtesy of EmJack circa 10pm last night, I am also reading up on probably one of the most awesome causes I have ever heard of.

It's called COTTON. FROM BLUE TO GREEN.™ and their motto is to "Change the world one pair of jeans at a time". Basically - they collect donated jeans, turn them into their pure form of cotton, and use this as an all-natural home insullation. They have used it to rebuild and improve on many homes, especially those affected by Hurricane Katrina.
FROM THIS
TO THIS


The only downside is that they have been doing denim drives at colleges since 2006, and unfortunately none of them have been in our area (NY/NJ). The good news is that since last fall they have began to work their "tour" to the east coast, so east coasters - start saving your old denim.

Check out http://www.accesscotton.com/. You can learn a little bit more about the cause, play games, find out about the tour, scope videos, and see how you can do your part!



The beauty is in what you make it,
So get up on your feet.

No comments: