3.10.2008

live your biggest dream out loud.

Get up, Get up
Dance on the ceiling
Get up, Get up
Boy you must be dreaming
Rock on young savior
Don't give up your hopes



Today has been a hell of a roller coaster.
But, one thing really raised my spirits today.
And I find it necessary to share it with you guys.
You never know whose moods you can uplift and whose lives you can affect in simple ways.
So here’s my have at it.

Sitting at work today, my boss told me that she usually would not do this but she found it necessary to read to me the inspirational, spiritual quote that she receives daily via e-mail from some, as she described it, “celebrity preacher.” . . .Who really knows, but just the fact that she found it necessary to have me hear it, intrigued me.

She read me a verse from Matthew 7:7-8. Now, you do not have to be Catholic, you do not have to believe in God, the disciples or even the Bible in order to be able to appreciate the verse you are about to read:

Ask and it will be given to you;
Seek and you will find;
Knock and the door will be opened to you.
For everyone who asks receives;
He who seeks finds;
And to him who knocks,
The door will be opened.

Maybe you have heard this verse before. I hadn’t. And while I found it motivating and deep, I had to ask my boss why she thought that I had to hear it.

She told me the following: I am too humble, I am too passive. She can tell that my dreams and aspirations are huge, but I am too scared to let them out. I am too scared to demand things of people. Too scared to tell people this is what I want, and I want it now.

To say that this opened my eyes would be putting it very lightly.

The thing is, so many people are held back by a lack of self-confidence and a belief in their abilities, that they make things that are in their reach seem miles away. I am writing this post because I know that I am not the only one who was raised to be respectful and humble and, therefore, too scared to demand anything out of anyone. There is no such thing as pushing too far; someone will always be there to slow you down. However, if you do not push enough, no one can fix it.


I know that this made me experience a huge sense of positivity.
Maybe it has had a positive affect on your outlook of your future, or even just your day.

So today, promise yourself that tomorrow you will make your dreams, hopes, goals, and aspirations a priority. Never stop pushing.

I hope you all achieve your goals, in one way or another.
There is no such thing as a dream that is too big.

Dream.

No comments: