10.20.2008

The Avett Brothers

are so wonderful.

I sat in a cafe on 2nd avenue with a cold breeze coming through the door. After ordering my turkey and cheese on ciabatta bread, I put my phone down to notice the lovely music entering my ears. Maybe it sounded good because my food was good. Maybe it sounded good because it was a perfect autumn day...or it just made me feel good. I asked the man behind the counter who was singing to me....The Avett Brothers. Go to their site...it is probably the most beautiful band bio anyone could read.


"The songs are honest: just chords with real voices singing real melodies. But, the heart and the energy with which they are sung, is really why people are talking, and why so many sing along."

Avett Brothers is bluegrass with 50s flare and just a dot of soul. Seth and Scott Avett have created an enjoyable calming sound with banjo lines that makes your skin bump.

please enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

miss emily i must agree the avett brothers are wonderful...listen to weight of lies or will you return if you haven't already. Their Emotionalism album is worth your money

p.s. i love your blog and your musical recommendations :)

<3 mellen