9.09.2008

You Shall Know Our Velocity!

I must say. This book gathered dust for weeks before I liked it. I bitched about the no chapters, and how I had no idea what I was going on. (honest) Until the second I was left to catch a train ride with nothing to read, searching my room I grabbed the first thing I saw....VELOCITY!

I have not put it down since. I urge you to read past the not typically chaptered book (it goes by days, not numbers). Get lost in Will's head, deal with Hands' stories, and remember Jack. The two friends ,Will and Hand, find themselves on a week long escapade in which they only wish to give away money. Money that Will stumbled upon and felt was completely useless to him. Taping it to donkeys and leaving envelopes on huts in Senegal, swimming in the waters at 1 am, Casablanca, and painful memories of their childhood friend have me intensely reading this book that took me so long to appreciate. Once again Dave Eggers has made my reading experience pleasurable. I am a true fan.

The nights are getting cooler, days are shorter, but its ok. Autumn approaches.

appreciate.

good evening.

No comments: