7.18.2008

i may be late

on the hold steady train...butt


lets get it going.


I have recently become obsessed with a little band called the Hold Steady. Reigning from Brooklyn, New York, this group of talented men have quite the prize on their hands. Bobby Drake, Craig Finn, Tad Kuble, Franz Nicolay Galen Polivka do a great thing.Their album, Stay Positive, released June 17, 2008 has become one of my favorites. A voice (dare I say reminds me closely to one of the greatest.....Bruce). Something that is new in the most classic rock type of way has my ears paying the most attention than it has paid in quite a while. Songs like "Sequestered in Memphis", and "Stay Positive" have you looking up the lyrics all the while hitting repeat on your old school cd player.I may be late on the Hold Steady bus, but it is still a worth while purchase. Hit up that 9.99 and purchase that sucker on itunes.


No comments: