6.12.2008

Its about to get real cult-ish in here.

On a lovely hot June day, Nick and I set out to see Rogue Wave and Death Cab for Cutie.

It was amazing. I invite you to peep the pics.

Cutie under the BQE after we were gay and finished the sandwiches we packed, it is very close to Nick. A nice walk I say.

This is the pool, which is literally a pool. I did not know, sorry. Anyway they had lots of beer tents around selling Brooklyn Brew Summer Ale which was delicious.

anyone up for a swim?


Go Green couple. This girl by the way....was loving it. When I say loving it I mean i never knew you could dance so much to Death Cab. Oh but you can...and I joined right in. She made me happy. And they were green! Recycle everyone.

The night was absolutely gorgeous...until a little bit later.

Rogue Wave hit the stage sounding so awsome. A lot of people I don't think actually knew that they were sweet and weren't paying attention unfortunately. Like the dumb B standing in front of me. Friends..don't turn your back to the stage and carry on a conversation..I think it is rude. At least pretend your watching.


anyway they played so awsome and sounding great, perfect.


This is the sick intro to Harmonium where the entire bad pounded it out on the drums for at least two minutes rotating the designated clapper. Holy crap it gave me chills.


Then this happend. This wee one has to belong to someone on stage I say. She has headphones on!


Oh these sandals are the queen of the blog I think.
Smoking is stinky, don't do it.



And then my life began. Death Cab opened with Bixby Canon Bridge.
This is one of the greatest shows I have been to in a long time. Never having seen them before I was pumped by their energy. They played a bunch of stuff from Narrow Stairs and all of the best oldies anyone could ask for. New Year, Crooked Teeth, Photobooth, I Will Follow You into the Dark. It was like a dream. Poor guy kept popping his guitar strings, breaking the mic. I think he was a bit discouraged, but what he doesnt know is that no one cared, and they sounded wonderful.









Ben went in the back for I Will Possess your heart and pounded it out. Just so happens to be when the wind started picking up a bit.


Unfortunately for us there was a storm brewin. Crooked Teeth (which rocked so so so so so so so so hard) ended the show abruptly. The wind was insane and the sound equipment on the top of the stage was swinging back and forth. Yikes! We had to leave. It was sad. But they played for almost an hour...I wasn't hatin.


Madness leaving, no rain yet tho....





until we were on our way to the bar and it came down in buckets. I took off my little shoesies and jetted, I had lovely remains of brooklyn in between my toes.



When we got in the bar looked like everyone had the same problem. It was wet!

The beers were real big though. So we were real happy.




welp. dear death cab. i love you love emily.

No comments: