5.20.2008

eat, pray, love

My most recent literary escapade....
Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert.





After expressing a desire to dabble in this book to a dear friend, the book literally fell into my lap. Driving by him on a warm spring day, he tossed the book into my window and there it landed. On my lap.

Nothing makes you feel more full then Eat, Pray, Love. It is Gilberts story of traveling the world after a painful divorce, break up, and years of depression. She sets out to find solitude in herself through spending time in three different countries: Italy, India, and Indonesia. Relatable and real, funny and heart wrenching. You can't help but feel for her, and wonder if she has been sneeking a read in your own journal. I appreciate her vulnerability to the audience that she has invited into her life.

Italy will make you hungry, India will make you feel calm, and Indonesia will just make you feel fresh.



Highly recommended, please read.

No comments: