3.26.2008

the rock experience

Perusing the pages on my Rolling Stone I come a cross a small article on a new radio station in New York. 101.9. I can safely say my purple saturn car radio has never touched those numbers until today. After reading the article, I was intrested in finding out for myself if this could be something I am about.

A rock station combining old and new. Classics and locals. While K rock (92.3) and Q104 have strong places in my heart, I ventured outside my circle. I tuned in today; Rxp followed me today on my errands and my experience was little short of fantastic. What I appreciated the most about it is minimal mumbo jumbo. Yes, those are technical terms. Stop talking about crap and just play the music, and they do. Besides some inside info on a side project from Green Day, or a release from Tom Petty's band before the heartbreakers there was not much interuption, but hey if that is what your talking about I'll take it.

What are they playing you ask? A combination of old and new. From 2 to 4 on Wednesday afternoon, windows down, sun shining I had the pleasure of hearing Foo Fighters, U2, The Bravery, Jimmy Hendrix, Coldplay,and Sheryl Crow. That alone shows the variety, yet rock roots of the station. Bryan Shock, music director of the station makes phenomenal decisions and leads you through the afternoon without annoyance,(which is soemthing some radio dj's need to work on).

I am pro 101.9, but of course will never hate one 92.3 or 104.3. I must say if you didn't already, (and I may be slow on times), but this should be saved in your favorites.

Support. Appreciate.

No comments: